Tapioca starch is widely used in the food industry and others. It is a nutritious white flour extract derived from the cassava root. In reality, tapioca starch is the main raw material in food industry, alcohol industry, binding materials.
In food industries (food grade)
- Directly as cooked starch food, custard and other forms
- Thickener using the paste properties of starch (soups, baby foods, sauces and gravies, etc.)
- Filler contributing to the solid content of soups, pills and tablets and other pharmaceutical products, fee cream, etc.
- Binder, to consolidate the mass and prevent it from drying out during cooking.
- Stabilizer, owing to the high water-holding capacity of starch
In nonfood uses (Industrial grade)
- Corrugated cardboard manufacture
- Remoistening gums
- Wallpaper and other home uses.
- Well drilling
- Paper industry
Processing of tapioca starch
Tapioca starch (food grade)
- Whiteness: >90%
- Starch content: >85%
- Moisture: 13% max
- Viscosity: 700 BU min
- Admixture: 0.1%
Tapioca starch (industrial grade)
- Whiteness: <90%
- Starch content: >80%
- Moisture: 13.5%
- Viscosity: 600 BU min
- Admixture: 1 - 1.5%
Please contact us for more infomation and quotation.
Factory of producing tapioca starch